Thursday, December 10, 2009

Genesis

There was this sociological study some folks did a while back… They surveyed fifty people over the age of 95, and asked the question, “If you had to live your life over again, what would you do differently?” There were a multitude of answers, but three answers rose up above all the rest. They said they would reflect more, they would risk more, and that they would do more things that would live on after they died. Hopefully this will help me to do at least the first…

I’ve got this kind of annoying problem about remembering things. I can always remember how something made me feel, but sometimes it’s hard for me to remember why it made me feel that way. I’m not really sure what that says about me, or if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. It makes it pretty easy to forget being “wronged” and stuff like that, but I feel like I probably end up missing out on some good memories. Here’s an example: I really enjoy reading. If I read a chapter of a book, in a few days I probably wouldn’t be able to tell you very much of what it said, but I could tell you how much I enjoyed it, hated it… just how it made me feel. I have to take notes on most everything I read if I want to remember anything about it. It’s not like a memory problem, I can memorize content pretty easily, but only when I’m intentional about it. So maybe this whole blogging thing is a good thing for me to do. I’d like to remember all the “stupid” little things of life that kinda hold it all together. The “laminin” of life if you will. I’m not sure if that’s even what I’ll end up doing here, but I guess it at least gives me a venue for it. So I guess this blog is mostly for me, so I can look back and see the things that I can laugh at, get upset about, enjoy, or whatever… Maybe you’ll enjoy it too, I dunno.

Anyways, I guess this is hello to the blogging world! Hopefully I can be a good father to my baby blog…

No comments:

Post a Comment